– First, introduce yourself a bit. What is your name (or pen name) and where are you from?
I am J L Grice, and I am from East Yorkshire, in the UK.
– Next, tell us a bit about your most recent work. Is this your first published book? What is it about and what genre would you classify it as?
My most recent published work is my novella Forbidden. This is my fourth book. It is about a university student whose grades are falling. Her professor notices and he offers to help by giving her a live-in job at his house as a cleaner. The problem is she is smitten with him. The book is forbidden romance.
– Tell us a bit about your main character; what are they like, how did they come about, and what are some of their strengths and weaknesses?
Imogen is one of the main characters in Forbidden. She is a strong character that isn’t afraid to let people know what she thinks. Imogen came about because I wanted someone who was a match for Grey, the main male character. Imogen is loyal, strong, feisty and bright (even though she thinks she isn’t) Imogen is jealous, she can sometimes be childish and quite impulsive.
– What was your hardest scene to write in this (or any) book?
The hardest scene to write was the rape scene. Being a survivor of sexual assault, and rape this was extremely hard to write.
– Do you read reviews of your book and, if so, how do you handle negative feedback?
I read my reviews. Usually I ignore it, but if it is constructive I take it in to consideration.
– What’s next for you? Are you currently working on any new books or stories?
I am working on a horror/ thriller book. I hope to get it finished sometime this year.
– Finally, feel free to plug your social media, website, and links to Amazon, GoodReads, and other relevant sites below, and detail any current offers available for your book/s:
If you’d like to be featured in an interview, please check out the interview submissions page to submit your answers.