As an independent writer, I know how hard it can be to get noticed and to have your work and your voice noticed in a crowded market. One of the primary goals of my website was always to attract visitors in the hopes that they would be interested in checking out my books and stories but I always intended to try and use the platform to help bolster the writing community.
One small way I can do this is by offering to feature interviews with authors and writers right here on my website as part of my Author’s Spotlight. I will, of course, promote these on all of my social media links to try and attract as many eyes to your interview and work as possible.
Interviews will be uploaded in the order I receive them, with independent authors getting preference, so there might be a delay depending on how many I have to process but I’ll inform you of when you can expect you see your interview posted.
If you’re interested in being featured, please complete the below questions and send them using the form on this page. If you don’t want to answer a question, feel free to remove it but please remember to re-number the remaining questions accordingly. Also, keep in mind that I reserve the right to refuse to feature your answers.
Finally, when promoting your interview on social media, please remember to tag me, include a link to my site, and use the hashtag #whoisnightshade.
- First, introduce yourself a bit. What is your name (or pen name) and where are you from?
- Next, tell us a bit about your most recent work. Is this your first published book? What is it about and what genre would you classify it as?
- Tell us a bit about your main character; what are they like, how did they come about, and what are some of their strengths and weaknesses?
- What was your hardest scene to write in this (or any) book?
- Did you go the traditional route when publishing your book or did you choose to self-publish?
- What would you say is the most difficult part of your writing journey and what advice would you give to other writers?
- Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?
- What are some of your favourite authors and books and what inspired you to become a writer in the first place?
- What would you say has been the best way to market your books?
- Are there any tropes, clichés, or writing styles that you dislike and, if so, what are they and why?
- Do you read reviews of your book and, if so, how do you handle negative feedback?
- What are some of your quirks as a writer? Do you like to plot everything out or do you prefer to just “wing it” and see where the story takes you? Do you listen to music when writing and, if so, what do you listen to?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever had when it comes to writing and what advice would you give to new writers?
- What’s next for you? Are you currently working on any new books or stories?
- Finally, feel free to plug your social media, website, and links to Amazon, GoodReads, and other relevant sites below, and detail any current offers available for your book/s: