– First, introduce yourself a bit. What is your name (or pen name) and where are you from?
Hey there. I’m Briana Morgan, and I’m a horror author from Atlanta, Georgia.
– Next, tell us a bit about your most recent work. Is this your first published book? What is it about and what genre would you classify it as?
My most recent work is a short Christmas horror story called A Tricker-Treater Christmas. It’s set in the same universe as my short story collection The Tricker-Treater and Other Stories. It’s my eighth published story!
– Did you go the traditional route when publishing your book or did you choose to self-publish?
I chose to self-publish all of my books.
-What would you say is the most difficult part of your writing journey and what advice would you give to other writers?
The most difficult part is sitting down and actually doing the work. If you’re struggling to get started, set a timer and commit to writing until it goes off. From there, you can re-evaluate and see if you want to continue.
– Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?
This book is part of the Tricker-Treater series, which will be a collection of books all centered around the titular monster and set in the same universe.
– What would you say has been the best way to market your books?
So far, the best way to market my books has been through developing relationships with readers and other writers on social media.
– Do you read reviews of your book and, if so, how do you handle negative feedback?
I don’t read reviews if I can help it. Once the book is out in the world, I’ve already done my part. Reviews are for the readers.
– What is the best advice you’ve ever had when it comes to writing and what advice would you give to new writers?
Read a lot and write a lot. Nothing makes you a better writer like reading good books. Also, don’t compare yourself to other people. That way lies madness.
– What’s next for you? Are you currently working on any new books or stories?
I’m always working on something! Next up is another book in this series, and I also have a scary siren book on the back burner.
– Finally, feel free to plug your social media, website, and links to Amazon, GoodReads, and other relevant sites below, and detail any current offers available for your book/s:
If you’d like to be featured in an interview, please check out the interview submissions page to submit your answers.